Everything About Aadhar Card Update Correction in India
What To Do
यह पोस्ट हिंदी में उपलब्ध है
Table of Contents
UIDAI has actually made it simpler for people to obtain their Aadhar card upgraded or remedied both online and offline. Here are stated short procedures of Aadhar card update or improvement through which individuals can easily obtain their e Aadhaar card information upgraded and dealt with. Comply with the offered steps listed below to upgrade Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and also email id on the Aadhaar card online and also offline by going to the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre , Aadhar Card Update Correction.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
You can get details of their Aadhar upgraded by checking out the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Here is how you can do it conveniently:
- Fill up the Aadhaar adjustment kind i.e. aadhaar enrolment correction form version
- Ensure you enter that details which is appropriate and not the one that is pointed out in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs confirming your upgrade request.
Send the type together with files.
- You require to pay a charge of Rs. 25 for every single such visit to the Enrolment Centre for upgrade or improvement.
- You can obtain all your information including your biometric data, image, mobile number, and so on updated at the enrolment centre.
- Aadhaar Card mobile number adjustment or update can likewise be done at the enrolment centre.
- Moreover, you can likewise visit different banks to upgrade your Aadhaar card. As an example, Axis Financial institution Aadhaar update enables you to make changes in your Aadhaar Card by checking out the nearest Axis bank branch.
Keep in mind: Whether you update one area or many, costs for the Aadhaar Update will be Rs. 100 (if you are also updating biometrics) and Rs. 50 (if only demographics information are being updated) Aadhar Card Update Correction.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
Normally an individual can transform address, his/her name, date of birth, gender, mobile number as well as e-mail id on the Aadaar card. In order to alter the information of your Aadhaar card online, follow these actions to update/change/correction
Action 1. Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Site and click on “Update your Address Online”
Action 2. If you have legitimate address proof, click on “Proceed to Update Address”
Action 3. In the new window, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click “Send OTP” or “Go into a TOTP“
Action 4. An OTP will be sent out to the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s data source.
Action 5. Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account. At the same time, you can use the TOTP function to verify
Action 6. Select either the “Update Address by Address Proof” choice or the “Update Address vis Key Code” alternative
Action 7. Enter your household address pointed out in the Evidence of Address (PoA) as well as click the “Preview” button
Action 8. In case you want to customize your address, click the “Modify” choice else tick the statement as well as click on the “Send” switch
Action 9. Select the paper type you want to submit as PoA for confirmation and also upload the scanned copy of the address proof as well as click the “Send” switch
Action 10. Your Aadhaar update demand will certainly be accepted and a 14-digit URN will certainly be produced
You can make use of the Update Demand Number (URN) to check the condition of the Aadhaar address upgrade. Aadhar Card Update Correction As soon as upgraded, you can download and install the updated variation and get your Aadhar card print out.
How to Update Address in Aadhaar without Document Proof
In case an you do not have a valid record proof, you can update your current property address in your Aadhaar Card with the help of approval as well as verification of the address verifier (which can be your member of the family, good friend, property owner, and so on) who permits you to make use of his/her address as a proof.
To update your address in Aadhaar without paper you can ask for ‘Address Recognition Letter’. Prior to continuing for asking for the Address Validation Letter, you should keep in mind the adhering to points:
- Your address will be validated by sending your validation letter which will have a secret code on the address verifier’s address.
- It is compulsory for both the local and also the address verifier to update their mobile numbers with their Aadhaar.
- Due to any type of reason, if the address verifier stops working to provide authorization within the established due date, the request will be considered invalid as well as will have to launch the treatment of request once more.
Action 1: See Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal i.e https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
Action 2: Click Update Aadhaar and select ‘Request for Address Validation Letter’.
Action 3: Currently enter your Aadhaar number and Captcha Verification code from the provided box.
Action 4: Currently, click on ‘Send out OTP or Get In TOTP‘ which will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Action 5: Nonetheless, the process information for updating the address via Recognition Letter are as complies with:
What Details can be Changed in the Aadhar Card Online?
As per the most recent advancements, you can only get your address transformed in your Aadhaar card Utilizing the on the internet SSUP website uidai.gov.in-ssup-login. In case, you intend to upgrade the following details, you have to see an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre Aadhar Card Update Correction:
- Name of the candidate
- Day of Birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
How to Update Address in Aadhaar Card
A candidate can alter address, name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and e-mail ID on Aadhaar Card. To update/change/correct your address on Aadhaar Card, you need to follow the below steps:
Action 1: Check Out Aadhaar Self Solution Update Portal i.e https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
Action 2: If you have a legitimate address proof, click ‘Proceed to Update Address’. Check Out the Aadhaar Self Solution Update Website on UIDAI’s website.
Action 3: In case, you do not have a valid address proof click on “Ask for Address Validation Letter”
Action 4: In the brand-new home window (ssupAddres-pinGenerate), enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16-digit number Virtual ID.
Action 5: Get In the Captcha Verification code from the provided box.
Action 6: Now, click on ‘Send OTP‘, which will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Action 7: Alternately, you can utilize the TOTP function to validate
Action 8: Click ‘Login‘ Switch.
Action 9: Currently, click on ‘Update Address through Address Proof‘ or ‘Update Address Via Key Code‘.
Action 10: Now, fill in all the details that need to be corrected and also create the complete address while fixing it.
- Any Type Of Pin Code as well as related information (State/District/Village/ Town/City/Post workplace) issues, you can call UIDAI get in touch with centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you intend to consist of the name of Guardian/ Parent/Spouse as part of the address, pick the Address modification choice. After that select the suitable box in C/o details and also enter the name of the person in the succeeding field. C/o information can be upgraded as a part of Address upgrade.
- Fill the total address and upload all sustaining PoA even if you want to update/correct only C/o details.
Action 11: Currently, upload your original tinted scanned copies of POA records.
Action 12: Preview the gotten in data both in English and also neighborhood language too.
Action 13: Currently send the request. You must note your Update Request Number (CONTAINER) for tracking the status of your Aadhaar Update.
Keep in mind: You can also download/ Publish your Acknowledgement copy.
How to Update/Change Name in Aadhaar
If you intend to transform or update your name in Aadhaar, you have to follow listed below stated actions:
Action 1: Check Out the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre.
Action 2: Fill the Aadhaar Update Kind
Action 3: Enter your current mobile number in the form
Action 4: Your request will certainly be signed up by the executive at the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update centre.
Action 5: Now, you will receive an acknowledgement slip containing the URN.
Action 6: You will certainly need to pay a cost of Rs. 50 for availing this solution.
How to Update/Change Your Mobile Number in Aadhaar
There are instances where individuals are no longer utilizing the mobile number that was signed up with UIDAI Aadhar Card Update Correction.
Aadhar Card mobile number adjustment or updation can be done by following the below-mentioned steps:
Action 1: Visit the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre
Action 2: Fill Up the Aadhaar Update Kind
Action 3: Get in just your current mobile number in the kind
Action 4: You need not discuss your previous mobile number
Action 5: You do not need to offer any kind of evidence for updating your mobile number
Action 6: The exec will register your request
Action 7: You will certainly be turned over the acknowledgement slip containing the URN
Action 8: A fee of Rs. 50 needs to be paid for availing this solution
Just how to Adjustment the DoB in Aadhaar Card
In order to upgrade your date of birth pointed out in your Aadhaar, you have to comply with these steps:
Action 1: See a close-by Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
Action 2: Fill the Aadhaar update form stating your date of birth
Action 3: Submit the proof of day of birth along with the form
Action 4: You need to provide your biometrics to validate your identification
Action 5: You will certainly now obtain an acknowledgement slip consisting of CONTAINER
Action 6: The CONTAINER can be made use of to inspect the Aadhar upgrade status online
Action 7: You need to pay a fee of Rs.50 to the exec
Action 8: Your DoB will be upgraded in Aadhaar within 90 days
How to Update Aadhar Card Details through Post
You can get your Aadhar details upgraded offline too by sending out the request through post to UIDAI. Actions associated with this process are:
- Download online the “Aadhaar Information Update/Correction Kind“
- Load the required details to be altered in your Aadhaar card.
- Obtain the xeroxes of the documents that confirm the modifications asked for to be made in the type.
- Send out the kind along with self-attested papers to the postal address as discussed listed below:
Address 1: UIDAI
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
Address 2: UIDAI
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Documents Required for Aadhar Card Update / Correction
The documents that are required for updating/correcting Aadhar card are:
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for the Correction in Name
- PAN card.
- Either Ration or PDS Photo card.
- Voter Identification card.
- Driving licence of the applicant.
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government of India.
- Service photo ID cards that is issued by the PSU.
- Job card of NREGS.
- Photo identification that is issued by some Recognised Educational Institution.
- Licence of Arms.
- Photo Bank ATM card.
- Photo Credit card.
- Photo card of the Pensioner.
- Photo card of the Freedom Fighter.
- Photo Passbook of Kisan.
- Photo card of CGHS.
- Certificate of Marriage.
- Document containing proof of marriage of the applicant issued originally by the marriage Registrar.
- Legally approved name change certificate
- ECHS Photo card.
- Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and photo that was originally issued by the Department of Posts.
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead and is issued by either the Gazetted Officer or the Tehsildar.
- Handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card.
Supported proof of address (POA) Documents Required for Aadhar Card Update Correction
- Statement of bank in which the applicant holds an account.
- Passbook of bank where the applicant is an account-holder.
- Account statement or passbook of the Post Office.
- Ration Card.
- Voter Identification card.
- Driving licence of the applicant.
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government.
- PSU issued Service photo ID card.
- Previous 3 months’ electricity bill.
- Water bill as long as it is not more than 3 months’ old.
- Previous three months’ landline bill related to telephone.
- Receipt showing the Property Tax of the last 3 months.
- Last three months’ Credit Card statement.
- Insurance policy.
- Photo and a letter signed by bank on letterhead.
- Signed letter and photo on the letterhead of the company issued by the registered office.
- Photo and signed letter issued by a well-known educational enterprise on their letterhead.
- Job card of NREGS.
- Arms licence.
- Pensioner card.
- Freedom fighter card.
- Kisan passbook.
- CGHS card.
- ECHS card.
- Address certificate along with a photo on their letterhead that is issued either by an MP, MLA, Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar.
- Address Certificate issued by the Village Panchayat head or any authority equivalent to them for rural areas.
- Assessment order of the Income Tax.
- Registration certificate of vehicle.
- Registered agreement for sale, lease or rent of the applicant’s residential address.
- Photo and address card by the Department of Posts.
- Caste and Domicile certificate along with a photo that the State Government has issued.
- Previous 3 month’s bill of gas connection. Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that is issued by either a State Government, UT Government or any Administrations
- Spouse’s or partner’s passport.
- For minors, parents’ passport is required.
Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DOB) documents for updating or correction
- Certificate of birth.
- Certificate or SSLC Book.
- Passport of the applicant.
- Date of birth Certificate on their letterhead issued by either the Tehsildar or the Gazetted Officer.
These are the files which are approved as an evidence for correcting/updating Aadhar card information and also the cardholder must see to it that the records which he/she is connecting to the modification type ought to validate the changes made by him/her.
Important things to be kept in mind while Updating Aadhar Card Details
- The changes that you enter must be correct and appropriate documents which an individual is attaching with the form must be approved and self-attested.
- Your required details must be filled in English or in the local language.
- Aadhar Card Update Correction
- While correcting the Aadhar card details, it must be made sure that the URN is kept safe as it helps to track the status of Aadhar Card.
- In case, your mobile number is not registered, then you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment to make corrections in your Aadhaar card.
- Make sure that all the details entered in the correction form are filled in capital letters.
- All the necessary information must be filled and no option should be kept unattended.
- Only those documents that are required as proof should be sent along with the form.
- The corrected Aadhar card will be sent to the address mentioned in the Aadhaar card.
- The photocopy of the documents sent must be self-attested.
Why does the request for Aadhar Card updation / correction get rejected?
The request for Aadhaar Card updation/correction gets rejected sometimes, as UIDAI follows specific provisions to verify the details before making any changes in the Aadhar details. Only when these criteria are fulfilled, UIDAI updates the details on its system. The following conditions should be fulfilled before corrections are made in the Aadhaar details about Aadhar Card Update Correction:
- Adequate documents should be sent along with the form for verification. In absence of such documents, updating or correcting requests would not be processed.
- All documents sent to UIDAI should be self-attested.
- If the details mentioned in the form do not match with the document attached for verification, details of Aadhar will not be updated.
- Aadhar card updation may also be rejected, if you do not submit adequate documents along with the form.
In case the updation request of details in the Aadhaar card is rejected due to some reason, you can send a new request by making appropriate corrections in the form and submitting appropriate self-attested documents.
FAQs on Updating Aadhaar Card
A. As per the latest developments, people can update only their address in Aadhaar card online. However, they can update all other details by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
A. After the recent modification, Aadhaar cardholders can update only their Address online. For updating all other details, they have to visit Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
A. People can update all details mentioned in their Aadhar card by visiting one of the Aadhaar Enrolment Centres. You can update Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar.
A. In order to change your address online, you have to submit the scanned copy of the proof of address. In case your document is not accepted by UIDAI, the update request will be rejected.
A. Yes, Aadhaar card acts as a valid identity and residential proof. So, one can use it for Home loan, credit card and personal loan applications.
A. You can submit the update request in any language you feel comfortable with. The language is not an issue while updating the details in Aadhar.
A. In case your mobile is not registered with UIDAI, you will not be able to avail any of the online facilities related to Aadhaar. You can get your mobile number linked with Aadhaar by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
A.You can select the option of verification using OTP through an unregistered mobile number. However, this facility is available online if you have not registered your mobile number with Aadhaar already.
A. In order to register your mobile number with UIDAI, visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre and submit the Aadhaar Enrolment/Correction form mentioning your mobile number in the form. You do not have to provide any proof for registering your mobile number with Aadhaar.
A. You do not have to provide any documents to update/change your mobile number. Just fill the Aadhar Enrolment/Correction Form and submit it along with the updation charge of Rs 25.
A. Only residential address can be updated online as well as offline through post. However, you can update all your biometric and demographic details by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
A. The Aadhar Enrolment/Update Form is to be sent to the following address along with necessary documents:
Post Box Number 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034, India.
A. One of the parents has to mention their Aadhaar details for the child. In case changes are done in their cards, they have to get it updated in their child’s Aadhar as well.
A. You can get your Aadhar updated with the new address and furnish your Aadhaar card as the proof of address for updating address in your child’s Aadhaar.
A. You can get the address updated in your child’s Aadhaar by furnishing your Aadhaar card as the proof of address. You do not have to provide an additional proof of address for your child.
A. You do not have to provide any of the previous data. You have to mention only the new data that has to be updated in your Aadhaar. Also, provide a proof for the suggested update.
A. No salutation is needed while applying for making corrections in your Aadhaar. You have to only mention your correct name to update your name in Aadhar card.
A. No, the request once submitted online cannot be modified. Please make sure you enter correct information in the form before finally submitting it.
A. You can download the updated e-Aadhaar from UIDAI’s website. Also, you can refresh your Aadhaar details in the mAadhaar app once the data in your Aadhar is updated.
A. You have to visit one of the Aadhaar Enrolment Centres and fill the Aadhaar Enrolment/Correction Form mentioning the new email id. A fee of Rs 25 is charged from the applicant for updating the Aadhaar details.
A. Yes, the update request of a person can be rejected on grounds that the documents validating the change are not submitted or are not accepted by UIDAI.
A. No, you cannot change your name and date of birth in an Aadhaar Card online. You need to visit Aadhaar Enrolment Centre to update the same.
A. To provide C/o details in address is not mandatory. It is only required for letter details purposes which is a part of address.
A. There are various reasons due to which your update request can not be processed or rejected. They are:
- If you upload a wrong PoA/PoI document uploaded –
- If self-attested PoA/PoI document is not submitted
- Due to transliteration error
- When a resident fails to self-attest supporting documents
- If documents uploaded by you via online SSUP portal are not found to be scanned copies of original documents
- Wrong format of mobile and Aadhaar is shared
- In case, you do not submit supporting documents in your name
A. In case a local MP/MLA/Local body official issues a certificate of Address along with a photo on the letter, it is accepted as a POA.
A. Those people who are not able to provide correct details at the time of enrolment, have a chance of getting their Aadhaar suspended. Also, if a person has an Aadhaar but he applies again, his Aadhaar card will not be generated. This may happen even at the later stages of verification (after enrolment).
A. It is not necessary to provide C/O information in the address. You can also mention S/O, W/O or D/O in your address. However, if a person mentions it in his address, his address will be updated as it is written in the form.
A. Your address is updated in your Aadhaar and the new Aadhaar card is sent to you within 90 days of application. However, you can check the status online and once it is updated, you can download your e-Aadhaar online.