Everything About How to Apply for Aadhar Card
What To Do
यह पोस्ट हिंदी में उपलब्ध है
Table of Contents
How to Apply for Aadhar Card
To request brand-new Aadhar Card, you require to go to an Aadhaar enrolment facility near you. At the enrolment center, you require to load a type, send your biometric details along with documents needed for the verification of evidence of identity as well as the evidence of address.
Applying for the Aadhaar Card at an Enrolment Centre
The primary step that an applicant should remember prior to making an application for an Aadhaar is to have actually all records required for the Aadhaar card all set while going to the enrolment centre. The application process for Aadhaar card is same for all Indian residents including minors and also seniors.
They only have to provide appropriate files at the time of enrolment. Here is how a person can do this:
- Find an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre near you. If you stay in Rate I cities, you can locate it at
- You can additionally locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centres in other cities by visiting
- Fill the enrolment type (the form is additionally offered online at
aadhaar enrolment correction form
- Send the kind in addition to sustaining papers such as the evidence of identity and the evidence of address.
- Besides the files are approved, submit your biometric data that includes your finger prints and also the iris scan.
- Your photo is additionally taken for Aadhaar.
- Accumulate the acknowledgement slip that contains the 14-digit enrolment number. It is used to check Aadhar card status.
- The Acknowledgement slip ought to be maintained securely till you obtain your Aadhaar card.
There are some states as well as Union Territories in India where the Aadhaar enrolment is accomplished by the Registrar General of India. The locations consist of:
- Arunachal Pradesh.
- West Bengal.
- Tamil Nadu.
- Dadra and Nagar
- Bangalore rural.
- Jammu & Kashmir
The process of requesting Aadhaar stays the very same for these areas as it is for the remainder of the nation.
Obtain Your E-Aadhaar
When all the papers and also biometric data needed for the Aadhaar card are sent, it can use up to 90 days, i.e. 3 months, for the Aadhaar card to be sent out to your household address. The card will be sent through India Message as well as because of high variety of people looking for the Aadhaar card, it may take more than 90 days to reach to the particular card owner.
Nonetheless, if an individual wants his/her Aadhaar card as well as in rush, he/she can download and install a duplicate of the Aadhaar card which is also referred to as E-Aadhaar. To obtain the e-Aadhaar online you can follow these actions:
1. Go To the Aadhaar Card official internet site of UIDAI.
2. Fill in the kind with making use of the enrolment number or the Aadhaar number.
3. If you have the enrolment number:
- Enter the enrolment number..
- Go into the date and also time as mentioned in the acknowledgement slip.
- Enter your name, pin code of your location and your registered mobile number with Aadhaar.
4. If you have your Aadhaar number:
- Enter it together with your name, pin code and also mobile number.
- After all the details are gone into an OTP (One-time Password) is created that will certainly help in downloading and install a coloured version of the Aadhaar letter which is as legitimate as the Aadhaar card itself.
FAQs on Apply New Aadhaar Card
Non-residents are not allowed to apply for an Aadhaar. You can apply for Aadhaar only when you have been residing in India for 182 days in the past 1 year.
A. NRIs are not eligible for Aadhaar card. They can apply for Aadhaar only when they have been residing in India for the past 182 days in 1 year.
A. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are not eligible for Aadhaar. Only people residing in India are eligible for Aadhaar, be it Indian citizens or foreigners.
A. NRIs and OCIs cannot apply for Aadhaar if they do not reside in India. They have to live in India for 182 days collectively in the past 1 year. They cannot apply for Aadhar if they do not fulfil this criterion even if they have a residential address in India.
A. Yes, if the US citizen has been residing in India for 182 days in the past year, he can apply for Aadhaar. However, the Aadhaar cannot be considered a proof of citizenship.
Following documents are required while applying for Aadhar Card:
Documents Required applying for an Aadhaar Card (Proof of Identity)
You can submit any of the supporting documents are accepted by the UIDAI as identity proof:
- PAN card
- Either Ration/ PDS Photocard
- Voter ID Card
- Driving license
- Photo identification cards issued by the GOI
- Service photo ID cards that are issued by a PSU
- Job card of NREGS
- A photo identification that is issued by a Recognised Educational Institution
- Arms Licence
- Photo Bank ATM card
- Photo Credit Card
- Pensioner’s Photo Card
- Freedom Fighter’s Photo Card
- Photo Passbook of Kisan
- Photo card of CGHS
- Certificate of Marriage
- A document containing proof of the marriage of the applicant issued originally by the marriage Registrar
- Legally approved name change certificate
- ECHS Photocard
- Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and the photo that was originally issued by the Department of Posts
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead issued by either a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar
- Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that is issued by either the State Government, the UT Government or any such Administration